COVID-19 UPDATE: The CDRH, as part of the UNL Libraries, will be following procedures as outlined on libraries.unl.edu/libraries-information-updates-covid19. If you need assistance or have a question about a current project please email email@example.com directly
Degrees and Institutions Granting the Degree
- Baylor University, BA
- Baylor University, MA
- University of Leicester-Leicester, England, MA
- Texas A&M, PhD
Professional Areas of Specialty
- 19th-century American Literature and Culture
- Women's Studies
- New Technologies in Literary Study
Courses Regularly Taught
- 19th century American literature
- Survey of American literature
- Women Writers
Editor, Walt Whitman’s Poems in Periodicals, The Walt Whitman Archive http://www.whitmanarchive.org/
- Co-editor (with Linck Johnson), The Bedford Anthology of American Literature, Volumes I and II. New York: Bedford/St. Martins, 2008; Second Edition, 2013.
- Editor, Stowe in Her Own Time. Iowa City: University of Iowa Press, 2009.
- Co-editor (with Ed Folsom and Kenneth M. Price), Leaves of Grass: The Sesquicentennial Essays. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2007.
- Constructing Literacies: A Harcourt Reader for College Writers. New York: Harcourt Brace, 2000.
- Co-editor (with Elizabeth Ammons). Approaches to Teaching Uncle Tom's Cabin. New York: MLA, 2000.
- Editor and Introduction. Ruth Hall. By Fanny Fern. New York: Penguin Books, 1996.
- Co-editor (with Kenneth M. Price). Periodical Literature in Nineteenth-Century America. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1995.
- Co-editor (with Larry J. Reynolds). "These Sad but Glorious Days": Dispatches from Europe, 1846-1850 by Margaret Fuller. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1991.
- Editor and Introduction. Summer on the Lakes in 1843. By Margaret Fuller. Urbana: The University of Illinois Press, 1991.